St Albans estate agents donate £3,000 to Rennie Grove following online poll
- Credit: Archant
Rennie Grove Hospice at Home supporters voted in their thousands to win a generous £3,000 donation in a recent online poll organised by a local firm of estate agents.
The donation will go towards funding the round-the-clock care Rennie Grove nurses provide for local adults and children with cancer and other life-limiting conditions and their families.
The £3,000 was awarded to Rennie Grove after supporters, their families and friends went online to vote for the charity in the recent online poll organised by Herts-based Ashtons estate agents, which pledged to share £10,000 among the three most popular charities from its online list of local good causes.
In a nail-biting countdown which went right up to the 5pm Friday close of voting, busy Rennie Grove clickers eventually secured second place and a £3,000 share.
Rennie Grove director of nursing and clinical services Sue Varvel said: “On behalf of everyone here at Rennie Grove I would like to say a big thank you to Ashtons for their very generous donation.
You may also want to watch:
“We rely on donations to fund the vast majority of the £18,000 we need to raise every day to continue to provide hospice care services to adults and children diagnosed with cancer and other life-limiting illnesses through our 24-hour responsive Hospice at Home, day services and family support services.”
Ashtons managing director Karl Judd said the firm was “delighted” to donate £3,000 to Rennie Grove Hospice Care. “It’s all thanks to your supporters who voted for you,” he added.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 7 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
“Visiting Grove House and seeing how the donation will help was truly humbling and I have an even greater respect for the remarkable work that is undertaken by so many people.”
In the past 12 months Ashtons’ staff have raised funds for the company’s ‘Life’s Great Causes’ campaign with “some amazing charity work” that included sky diving and undertaking the Three Peaks Challenge, said Karl.
They also take paid days off to work with local charities and help with fundraising events.
“I feel very proud to be able to support such great good causes,” Karl added.
If you would like to make a donation to Rennie Grove Hospice or to support the charity in any other way please visit www.renniegrove.org/donate