St Albans estate agents cooking up recipes for success
- Credit: Archant
Although they probably look around more kitchens than the average chef, estate agents aren’t best known for their culinary skills.
That could all change with the publication of a charity cookbook by leading property consultancy Bidwells.
Part of the company’s 175th anniversary fundraising celebrations, Make Me, Eat Me! features 175 great recipes from celebrities including Ed Sheeran and Raymond Blanc) clients, various children’s hospice charities Bidwells supports across the country as well as their own supporters and ‘Bidwellians’ themselves.
It was officially launched locally by the St Albans branch of the firm, who are raising money for the Pepper Foundation, which provides nurses for the Rennie Grove hospice at home service, providing professional home care for seriously ill children living in Herts and Beds.
St Albans office head Lucie Stone said: ‘We wanted to share the evening with those who are most important to us, our clients, without whom there would be no Bidwells. I would also like to use this evening to shine a spotlight on Pepper, our nominated charity in our anniversary year, who are doing a fantastic job for families and young people when they need help the most. Please support them by buying one of our cookbooks!”
You may also want to watch:
The St Albans office’s contributions to the book include Ham and Cheese Sharing Rolls from graduate rural surveyor Alex Porter, and British Strawberry Shortcake from rural surveyor Katie Delafield.
Bidwells senior partner Patrick McMahon said: “Please help us raise £30,000 for small charities which do such a brilliant job for local children and their families. Although this is part of a much bigger fundraising initiative, it is probably our highest profile enterprise and something everyone can get involved with and enjoy.”
- 1 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
- 5 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 6 Police hunt man suspected of breaking into Cathedral collection boxes
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 9 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian home on one of St Albans' most prestigious roads
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Make me, Eat me! by Bidwells can be bought online for £10 http://www.bidwells.co.uk/recipe-book or in Bidwells St Albans. All proceeds to Bidwells’ nominated children’s hospice charities.