St Albans estate agents cooking up recipes for success
- Credit: Archant
Although they probably look around more kitchens than the average chef, estate agents aren’t best known for their culinary skills.
That could all change with the publication of a charity cookbook by leading property consultancy Bidwells.
Part of the company’s 175th anniversary fundraising celebrations, Make Me, Eat Me! features 175 great recipes from celebrities including Ed Sheeran and Raymond Blanc) clients, various children’s hospice charities Bidwells supports across the country as well as their own supporters and ‘Bidwellians’ themselves.
It was officially launched locally by the St Albans branch of the firm, who are raising money for the Pepper Foundation, which provides nurses for the Rennie Grove hospice at home service, providing professional home care for seriously ill children living in Herts and Beds.
St Albans office head Lucie Stone said: ‘We wanted to share the evening with those who are most important to us, our clients, without whom there would be no Bidwells. I would also like to use this evening to shine a spotlight on Pepper, our nominated charity in our anniversary year, who are doing a fantastic job for families and young people when they need help the most. Please support them by buying one of our cookbooks!”
You may also want to watch:
The St Albans office’s contributions to the book include Ham and Cheese Sharing Rolls from graduate rural surveyor Alex Porter, and British Strawberry Shortcake from rural surveyor Katie Delafield.
Bidwells senior partner Patrick McMahon said: “Please help us raise £30,000 for small charities which do such a brilliant job for local children and their families. Although this is part of a much bigger fundraising initiative, it is probably our highest profile enterprise and something everyone can get involved with and enjoy.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 5 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
Make me, Eat me! by Bidwells can be bought online for £10 http://www.bidwells.co.uk/recipe-book or in Bidwells St Albans. All proceeds to Bidwells’ nominated children’s hospice charities.