St Albans estate agent has an eye in the sky over property
THE worlds of estate agents and Hollywood-style movie-making came together during a recent property photo shoot.
When the St Albans branch of independent estate agent Harrison Murray needed some stunning photography to show off the location of one of its client’s properties, they turned to hi-tech gadgetry more often found in the world of films.
A pair of sophisticated radio-controlled model helicopters carrying state of the art digital cameras whizzed up into the skies above Napsbury Park, London Colney, to capture unique images of the stylish development and its parkland surroundings.
To obtain the photographs, Harrison Murray’s commercial director Nick Salmon called in father and son team, Steve and Stuart Marsh of SKM Photography in Hemel Hempstead.
They were joined for the shoot by Jolyon Bambridge whose near-legendary expertise at remote control helicopter flying has led him to work on blockbuster films including James Bond movies GoldenEye, The World Is Not Enough, and Die Another Day; Lost in Space, and Mission Impossible.
You may also want to watch:
While one operator flies the helicopter by remote control to the required height and position, a second operator dons digital spectacles that link via radio to the viewfinder of the on-board camera and they are able to pan, tilt and roll the camera mounting to line up the very best shots.
Nick Salmon said: “We often use SKM to take photos of our properties from the top of their portable 15-metre mast and these images already cause a real stir among our sellers and buyers.
- 1 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
“However, for this venue we needed to get even higher and so were delighted when SKM told us that they have these amazing helicopter camera platforms that can operate almost anywhere. It’s quicker, infinitely cheaper, and just as effective as hiring a full-size aircraft to obtain the images – and our clients love it!”