St Albans entrepreneur Zoe helps launch Branson company
- Credit: Archant
A successful young businesswoman was recently invited to join Richard Branson to help launch Virgin StartUp, a not-for-profit mentoring company for fledgling business people across the UK.
Zoe Jackson, St Albans-based managing director of the Living the Dream company, is no stranger to Virgin after previously benefiting from their Media Pioneers programme, through which she received a mentor and gained invaluable insight into how she could improve her business.
The 24-year-old said: “This support enabled me to develop connections and learn more about running my business effectively. I am proud to be the ambassador for London for Virgin Media Pioneers and plan to help Virgin on its mission to inspire and support the next generation of young entrepreneurs.”
Sir Richard Branson said: “I started my first business with a handful of coins out of a phone-box at school but it was the £300 from my mum that really kick-started our Student magazine and sparked the Virgin adventure 40 years ago.
“Today, young people need that same help and I believe Virgin StartUp will provide it – with access to early capital, strong mentorship, advice and promotion.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.virginstartup.org
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire