St Albans entrepreneur Zoe helps launch Branson company
- Credit: Archant
A successful young businesswoman was recently invited to join Richard Branson to help launch Virgin StartUp, a not-for-profit mentoring company for fledgling business people across the UK.
Zoe Jackson, St Albans-based managing director of the Living the Dream company, is no stranger to Virgin after previously benefiting from their Media Pioneers programme, through which she received a mentor and gained invaluable insight into how she could improve her business.
The 24-year-old said: “This support enabled me to develop connections and learn more about running my business effectively. I am proud to be the ambassador for London for Virgin Media Pioneers and plan to help Virgin on its mission to inspire and support the next generation of young entrepreneurs.”
Sir Richard Branson said: “I started my first business with a handful of coins out of a phone-box at school but it was the £300 from my mum that really kick-started our Student magazine and sparked the Virgin adventure 40 years ago.
“Today, young people need that same help and I believe Virgin StartUp will provide it – with access to early capital, strong mentorship, advice and promotion.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.virginstartup.org
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 4 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 8 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street