St Albans entrepreneur Zoe helps launch Branson company
- Credit: Archant
A successful young businesswoman was recently invited to join Richard Branson to help launch Virgin StartUp, a not-for-profit mentoring company for fledgling business people across the UK.
Zoe Jackson, St Albans-based managing director of the Living the Dream company, is no stranger to Virgin after previously benefiting from their Media Pioneers programme, through which she received a mentor and gained invaluable insight into how she could improve her business.
The 24-year-old said: “This support enabled me to develop connections and learn more about running my business effectively. I am proud to be the ambassador for London for Virgin Media Pioneers and plan to help Virgin on its mission to inspire and support the next generation of young entrepreneurs.”
Sir Richard Branson said: “I started my first business with a handful of coins out of a phone-box at school but it was the £300 from my mum that really kick-started our Student magazine and sparked the Virgin adventure 40 years ago.
“Today, young people need that same help and I believe Virgin StartUp will provide it – with access to early capital, strong mentorship, advice and promotion.”
You may also want to watch:
For more information visit www.virginstartup.org
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Charity clothes swap raises thousands for mental health charity
- 10 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested