St Albans entrepreneur takes a new view
A local entrepreneur has come to the rescue of a struggling newspaper group. Jerry Ramsdale, who runs Fastner + Fixing Magazine, a magazine publishing and exhibitions company in Hatfield Road, has bought out View From, a south west newspaper group which w
A local entrepreneur has come to the rescue of a struggling newspaper group.
Jerry Ramsdale, who runs Fastner + Fixing Magazine, a magazine publishing and exhibitions company in Hatfield Road, has bought out View From, a south west newspaper group which was under threat of closure at Christmas.
The View From series has free weekly titles for five Dorset towns, including Lyme Regis where Jerry and his wife Rosemary own a 17th century hotel, and Jerry, who is 53, has also brought the View Online website.
Jerry, who lives in Hatfield and has six children, said that it was his first venture into newspaper publishing: "I have a lot of experience with magazine publishing but this is bound to be a bit different.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a very exciting project and I really look forward to working with such excellent community publications."
He added: "Although these are difficult times for local newspapers, I believe there is an excellent future for community publications and their websites like the View.
- 1 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 2 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 3 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 7 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 8 Two St Albans women recognised as inspirational entrepreneurs
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind