St Albans entrepreneur takes a new view
A local entrepreneur has come to the rescue of a struggling newspaper group. Jerry Ramsdale, who runs Fastner + Fixing Magazine, a magazine publishing and exhibitions company in Hatfield Road, has bought out View From, a south west newspaper group which w
A local entrepreneur has come to the rescue of a struggling newspaper group.
Jerry Ramsdale, who runs Fastner + Fixing Magazine, a magazine publishing and exhibitions company in Hatfield Road, has bought out View From, a south west newspaper group which was under threat of closure at Christmas.
The View From series has free weekly titles for five Dorset towns, including Lyme Regis where Jerry and his wife Rosemary own a 17th century hotel, and Jerry, who is 53, has also brought the View Online website.
Jerry, who lives in Hatfield and has six children, said that it was his first venture into newspaper publishing: "I have a lot of experience with magazine publishing but this is bound to be a bit different.
You may also want to watch:
"It is a very exciting project and I really look forward to working with such excellent community publications."
He added: "Although these are difficult times for local newspapers, I believe there is an excellent future for community publications and their websites like the View.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Green light given to new hospital project
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Highfield area of St Albans