St Albans entrepreneur launches TV app with Richard Branson
A YOUNG entrepreneur from St Albans has launched her own interactive TV app.
Zoe Jackson, managing director of Living the Dream, has created the app for dance fans using Virgin Media’s TiVo service.
Viewers can dance along with top names in the dance industry, which includes Flawless, and brush up on their moves with dance classes.
Zoe said: “We’re really excited about our very first foray into TV and creating an app. As well as providing great entertainment, this is a great way to get more people off the sofa and dancing in their living rooms, whether they’re keen dancers or simply looking for a way to keep fit, there’s something for everyone.”
Zoe is a member of the Virgin Media Pioneers community and was instrumental in Richard Branson’s Control Shift campaign, which helped persuade the government to introduce the Youth Enterprise Scheme. This will provide funding and support to young entrepreneurs.
You may also want to watch:
The 22 year old set up Living the Dream, a performing arts company run by and for young people, when she was just 16.
In November last year, she was named Woman of the Future in arts, media and culture, in the Shell-sponsored awards.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?