St Albans entrepreneur launches TV app with Richard Branson
A YOUNG entrepreneur from St Albans has launched her own interactive TV app.
Zoe Jackson, managing director of Living the Dream, has created the app for dance fans using Virgin Media’s TiVo service.
Viewers can dance along with top names in the dance industry, which includes Flawless, and brush up on their moves with dance classes.
Zoe said: “We’re really excited about our very first foray into TV and creating an app. As well as providing great entertainment, this is a great way to get more people off the sofa and dancing in their living rooms, whether they’re keen dancers or simply looking for a way to keep fit, there’s something for everyone.”
Zoe is a member of the Virgin Media Pioneers community and was instrumental in Richard Branson’s Control Shift campaign, which helped persuade the government to introduce the Youth Enterprise Scheme. This will provide funding and support to young entrepreneurs.
You may also want to watch:
The 22 year old set up Living the Dream, a performing arts company run by and for young people, when she was just 16.
In November last year, she was named Woman of the Future in arts, media and culture, in the Shell-sponsored awards.
- 1 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 2 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 Is the era of face-to-face GP appointments over in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Church roof saved thanks to Lottery grant
- 7 Property Spotlight: A barn conversion in an idyllic rural setting
- 8 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 9 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 10 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA