Bob-a-job! St Albans boy doing chores to raise money for homeless charity
- Credit: Archant
A seven-year old boy from St Albans is raising money for the homeless by doing jobs for his neighbours.
Jack Abraham-Smith was ‘shocked and upset’ when he saw homeless people living in shop doorways in the city centre.
His mum said he found it hard to believe some people have no bed to sleep in and no shelter from the freezing cold weather, so he asked her what he could do to help.
He researched homeless charities online and found just over £28 could fund a shower, food and an overnight stay, provided by Crisis.
His mum, Kelly, said: “To raise money Jack decided he could do jobs for people we know.
You may also want to watch:
“We have messaged some local friends and so far he has done washing up and leaf collecting. I am really proud of him.”
The Fleetville School pupil has got some more fundraising ideas he intends to suggest to his headteacher.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold