St Albans DJ Lyndsay through to next stages of MasterChef
- Credit: BBC/Shine TV
A professional DJ and talented cook from St Albans made it through to the next round of MasterChef last night (April 24).
Lyndsay Evans, who has lived in Tyttenhanger for three years, made it through to the final stage of the knockouts with her own special tiramisu - all of the contestants cooked meals based on nostalgic childhood memories.
On the BBC1 show, she said: “I was so worried about that one, because last time I practiced it every element went wrong.
“So I’m glad it all came together on the day and that they really enjoyed it and that they got it as well. So yeah, yeah, got to be happy about that.”
She said she was “really scared” and “can’t believe” it went so well.
You may also want to watch:
Commenting later, she said: “Really pleased to have got through, and also with such great comments.
“That dessert, with tempering chocolate had a lot of difficult techniques that can easily go wrong.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 3 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 4 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 5 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 8 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 9 Teen gang attacks boy in Verulamium Park
- 10 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
“So it could’ve been a disaster.
“Looking forward to the pro kitchen as that’s going to be an entirely new experience for me. Think it’s going to be really hard work.”
Judge John Torode loved her dessert: “Inside, it’s fantastic, it’s a lovely texture, it’s a lovely flavour, it does have the flavour of tirasmu.
“It’s really nicely made, it’s really, really interesting. It’s a really good dessert.”
The next episode is tomorrow (April 26) at 8pm.