St Albans digital marketing agency take on running challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
A leading St Albans digital marketing agency have taken up their running boots to raise money for an elderly care charity.
Eleven members of Wagada will compete in the St Albans Half Marathon on June 9, aiming to raise over £1,000 for Abbeyfield, a care home charity based in St Albans.
Funds will go towards a brand new sensory room for residents living with dementia at Cunningham House in Essex.
The state-of-the-art space is designed to gently stimulate the senses and improve residents’ wellbeing.
Senior care assistant at Cunningham House, Maxie Sweeting, said: “We’re incredibly grateful to all the staff at Wagada for supporting us. The money raised will bring so much joy to our residents and have a huge impact on their quality of life.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbeyfield, founded in 1956, has over 500 houses in the UK.
Donate at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wagada
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 3 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 7 A New York state of mind
- 8 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 9 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery