St Albans digital marketing agency take on running challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
A leading St Albans digital marketing agency have taken up their running boots to raise money for an elderly care charity.
Eleven members of Wagada will compete in the St Albans Half Marathon on June 9, aiming to raise over £1,000 for Abbeyfield, a care home charity based in St Albans.
Funds will go towards a brand new sensory room for residents living with dementia at Cunningham House in Essex.
The state-of-the-art space is designed to gently stimulate the senses and improve residents’ wellbeing.
Senior care assistant at Cunningham House, Maxie Sweeting, said: “We’re incredibly grateful to all the staff at Wagada for supporting us. The money raised will bring so much joy to our residents and have a huge impact on their quality of life.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbeyfield, founded in 1956, has over 500 houses in the UK.
Donate at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wagada
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Schools across Herts miss out on £1.9 million of free school meal funding