St Albans digital marketing agency take on running challenge for charity
- Credit: Archant
A leading St Albans digital marketing agency have taken up their running boots to raise money for an elderly care charity.
Eleven members of Wagada will compete in the St Albans Half Marathon on June 9, aiming to raise over £1,000 for Abbeyfield, a care home charity based in St Albans.
Funds will go towards a brand new sensory room for residents living with dementia at Cunningham House in Essex.
The state-of-the-art space is designed to gently stimulate the senses and improve residents’ wellbeing.
Senior care assistant at Cunningham House, Maxie Sweeting, said: “We’re incredibly grateful to all the staff at Wagada for supporting us. The money raised will bring so much joy to our residents and have a huge impact on their quality of life.”
You may also want to watch:
Abbeyfield, founded in 1956, has over 500 houses in the UK.
Donate at www.justgiving.com/fundraising/wagada
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield