St Albans dementia cafe celebrates second birthday
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans community dementia cafe has celebrated its second birthday during Dementia Action Week.
Over 30 guests joined the celebration at St Marys Church in St Albans. Volunteers entertained guests with a singalong.
Refreshments included a birthday lunch and homemade cakes. Anne Stojanovic from the Citizens Advice Bureau gave a talk on benefits available and access to financial support.
The cafe is run by Home Instead Senior Care which provides care for older people within their homes.
Director of Home Instead Fiona Harrall said: "As specialists in at-home care for older people, a number of our clients are diagnosed with, or have symptoms of, Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia. This makes us realise the importance of helping friends, relatives and the local community to become more dementia friendly."
You may also want to watch:
Held every second and fourth Wednesday of the month, the dementia cafe is open to anyone with dementia and their carers.
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared