St Albans dementia cafe celebrates second birthday
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans community dementia cafe has celebrated its second birthday during Dementia Action Week.
Over 30 guests joined the celebration at St Marys Church in St Albans. Volunteers entertained guests with a singalong.
Refreshments included a birthday lunch and homemade cakes. Anne Stojanovic from the Citizens Advice Bureau gave a talk on benefits available and access to financial support.
The cafe is run by Home Instead Senior Care which provides care for older people within their homes.
Director of Home Instead Fiona Harrall said: "As specialists in at-home care for older people, a number of our clients are diagnosed with, or have symptoms of, Alzheimer's disease or another form of dementia. This makes us realise the importance of helping friends, relatives and the local community to become more dementia friendly."
You may also want to watch:
Held every second and fourth Wednesday of the month, the dementia cafe is open to anyone with dementia and their carers.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved