St Albans dealership welcomes new business manager
IT might be a male-dominated industry but working in the retail motor business is certainly not a man s world as far as Donna Nash is concerned. In just a year since joining Brayley Honda in St Albans as a sales executive, 38-year-old Donna has been prom
IT might be a male-dominated industry but working in the retail motor business is certainly not a man's world as far as Donna Nash is concerned.
In just a year since joining Brayley Honda in St Albans as a sales executive, 38-year-old Donna has been promoted to the role of business manager and a member of the Hatfield Road dealership's management team.
One of only a small minority of women employed in this senior role within the UK retail motor sector, Donna has 11 years of experience working in car showrooms alongside male colleagues. Her new role will see her managing the needs of Brayley Honda customers wishing to finance their vehicle, for which she is accredited by the Financial Services Authority.
A study into occupational segregation carried out by the Equal Opportunities Commission found that women account for less than 10 per cent of the retail motor industry workforce in the UK, which employs approximately 600,000 people. Conversely, last year's RAC Report on Motoring indicated that eight out of 10 company cars were chosen by a female driver.
Commenting on her promotion, Donna said: "I've always enjoyed helping customers choose a car that's right for them and this new role is an exciting step up for me, particularly during a challenging economic period.
"I'm looking forward to applying my skills and knowledge to this area of the business and supporting our customers throughout the purchase process. I think for many people, it will be a refreshing change to deal with a woman when it comes to the finance!"
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 5 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 6 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 7 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
Paul Brayley, managing director of Brayley Honda, added: "Donna is truly a people person and her approach to customer service has made a valuable contribution to Brayley Honda and her career. In the role of business manager, I have every confidence that Donna will ensure our customers have the very best finance options tailored to their needs. Our company is very keen to develop its staff and give them every opportunity to expand their skills.