St Albans Dating Show Contestant Fails to Find Love
SPARKS failed to fly when Rob Kilburn went out with a girl he met on new ITV dating show, Take Me Out. The 21-year-old entertainer from St Albans used his fire-breathing skills to wow the panel of 30 girls on the Saturday night show hosted by Paddy McGuin
SPARKS failed to fly when Rob Kilburn went out with a girl he met on new ITV dating show, Take Me Out.
The 21-year-old entertainer from St Albans used his fire-breathing skills to wow the panel of 30 girls on the Saturday night show hosted by Paddy McGuiness.
Over half of the girls kept on their lights to indicate that they were still interested in Rob following the first two rounds but when they were showed a video of his mum and sister talking about what qualities any girlfriend of his needs, most of them switched off.
Rob was then left to choose from just a few potential dates and after much deliberation he finally opted for blonde bombshell JoJo over a brunette called Daisy.
But it proved an unpopular choice with friends, family and the general public.
Rob said: ""Every single person says I should've gone for Daisy. I was even walking through Westfield shopping centre on the Sunday after the show and some guy just shouted across to me, 'you picked the wrong bird'."
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 9 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 10 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge
Although he enjoyed his date with JoJo, during which she revealed herself to be an exotic dancer, Rob said she wasn't 'the one' for him.
The former St Columba's College pupil continued: "She was great fun and a really funny person but we both said we weren't each other's type."
Rob, who lives with his family off of London Road, will now be putting his fire-breathing and other daredevil skills into use as part of his business, Limelite Events.
To watch exclusive unseen footage of Rob's audition and a clip of his date with JoJo, visit www.itv.com