St Albans Dating Show Contestant Fails to Find Love
SPARKS failed to fly when Rob Kilburn went out with a girl he met on new ITV dating show, Take Me Out. The 21-year-old entertainer from St Albans used his fire-breathing skills to wow the panel of 30 girls on the Saturday night show hosted by Paddy McGuin
SPARKS failed to fly when Rob Kilburn went out with a girl he met on new ITV dating show, Take Me Out.
The 21-year-old entertainer from St Albans used his fire-breathing skills to wow the panel of 30 girls on the Saturday night show hosted by Paddy McGuiness.
Over half of the girls kept on their lights to indicate that they were still interested in Rob following the first two rounds but when they were showed a video of his mum and sister talking about what qualities any girlfriend of his needs, most of them switched off.
Rob was then left to choose from just a few potential dates and after much deliberation he finally opted for blonde bombshell JoJo over a brunette called Daisy.
You may also want to watch:
But it proved an unpopular choice with friends, family and the general public.
Rob said: ""Every single person says I should've gone for Daisy. I was even walking through Westfield shopping centre on the Sunday after the show and some guy just shouted across to me, 'you picked the wrong bird'."
- 1 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans
- 2 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 3 Your school heroes - praise for teachers and support staff during third lockdown
- 4 Man sentenced to three years in prison for breaking girlfriend's jaw
- 5 Restaurant delivers food to households self-isolating due to Covid
- 6 COVID-19 deaths across Hertfordshire hit new milestone
- 7 Property Spotlight: A stunning conversion in the heart of Harpenden
- 8 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 9 COVID-19 accounted for over 15 per cent of St Albans' deaths, says ONS data
- 10 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
Although he enjoyed his date with JoJo, during which she revealed herself to be an exotic dancer, Rob said she wasn't 'the one' for him.
The former St Columba's College pupil continued: "She was great fun and a really funny person but we both said we weren't each other's type."
Rob, who lives with his family off of London Road, will now be putting his fire-breathing and other daredevil skills into use as part of his business, Limelite Events.
To watch exclusive unseen footage of Rob's audition and a clip of his date with JoJo, visit www.itv.com