St Albans dancers appear in the Singing Dentist’s Halloween Michael Jackson video
- Credit: Archant
A YouTube sensation has featured St Albans dancers in his latest Halloween inspired parody video.
Dancers from NSG Performing Arts were asked to help Dr Milad Shadrooh, otherwise known as The Singing Dentist, shoot his next hit - a spoof on Michael Jackson’s Thriller, called Filler.
It has been watched more than 11,000 times since it was uploaded last weekend.
They appear at the end of the short clip, showing off a routine dressed as zombies in the style of the original Michael Jackson music video.
He sings over the famous track with new lyrics, telling a story about a patient who ate too many Halloween sweets and needs a filling as a result.
You may also want to watch:
The new chorus reads: “He starts to cry, and I can see the sorrow in his eyes, because he has realised, he’ll need some filler, in that cavity.
“A little bit of drilling, then some filling done by me.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
“He’ll need some filler, I’ll make sure he’s pain free. Then he can go and enjoy some more sweets on Halloween.”
The witty tune is one of many satirical videos the dentist has uploaded since joining YouTube last year and he has more than 86,000 subscribers.
In the past, he has parodied Pharrell Williams’s Happy with a song called Gappy, Montell Jordan’s This Is How We Do It with a punny tune called This Is How We Brush Teeth, and Reel 2 Reel’s I Like to Move It with a video named I Like Your Molars.
The funny dentist has appeared on BBC South news, ITV London news, and ITV’s Lorraine.
Directors of the performing arts group, Nick and Sophie Green, said: “We are so unbelievably proud of all of our students, and had a blast in helping create this latest video.”
The company was set up in January 2017 - it runs classes in hip-hop, contemporary, and musical theatre.
This exposure comes after dancing crews from NSG qualified for the United Dance Organisation Six Nations competition, which will be held in November.
They are also going to represent London at Dance Excellence in Los Angeles early next year - an international festival for young dancers.