St Albans dancer features on smash hit Zayn Malik video
- Credit: Archant
The talents of a Wheathampstead dancer are being showcased in a hit music video for two internationally famous singers.
Jac Coxall couples with model Petra Hajduk in the current number five video by One Direction star Zayn Malik, featuring Sia, called Dusk Till Dawn.
In the dance version of the video - which has been viewed nearly 10,000 times - Jac and Petra perform an intimidate choreography around a bedroom.
There is another video for the song, which features Zayn being chased and eluding gangsters searching for a briefcase.
Jac, 23, had only two rehearsals before the shoot was filmed in one 12 hour session in August, and he said it was the “most physically demanding” thing he has ever done.
You may also want to watch:
“It was really tough. As well as the length of the shoot there were so many lifts - we were jumping off the bed and I am lifting her up - and because they wanted to do as much as possible we had to keeping getting back up and doing it again.
“It was really, really fun, but as much as it was fun, I was knackered.”
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
When Jac was headhunted for the role, he had no idea he would be working with Sia and Zayn’s management team. Sia and Zayn themselves were not able to attend the shoot.
He has had to keep his involvement a secret since August - but Jac was not phased, enjoying the big reveal among his friends, who he described as “so supportive”.
Although Jac had only just met Petra, he explained how they created chemistry for the video: “When you are dancing you cannot have a guard up, you have to let that person in.
“You have to trust her - it’s not about a connection, you have to let everything go and that’s what makes a good dancer.”
In May this year Jac was part of the scary clown dance group on Britain’s Got Talent which reached the live semi-finals before being knocked out. Pianist Tokio Myers won the Royal Variety slot instead.
Jac has been enjoying dancing and performing for a long time - he was a keen dancer when he went to Sandringham School in Marshalswick from 2005.