St Albans dance crew to represent England at LA dance festival
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans-based dancing crew will be tripping the light fantastic when they represent England at an international dance festival.
NSG Performing Arts, which includes students and staff from Mandeville primary school, will next year perform at the Dance Excellence festival.
Mandeville head Cathy Longhurst called them: “A committed group of people going from strength to strength.”
The festival, which is being held in Los Angeles, draws over 15,000 dancers from 28 countries.
Teams come from as far away as the UAE and the Philippines to take part.
You may also want to watch:
NSG’s co-owner Nick Green said: “It’s going to be huge and exciting.
“It’s not a competition, but it turns into one!”
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
NSG are currently raising money to go to the festival, and have already received funding from St Albans council.
To find out more about NSG, visit www.facebook.com/nsgperformingarts