St Albans dance crew to represent England at LA dance festival
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans-based dancing crew will be tripping the light fantastic when they represent England at an international dance festival.
NSG Performing Arts, which includes students and staff from Mandeville primary school, will next year perform at the Dance Excellence festival.
Mandeville head Cathy Longhurst called them: “A committed group of people going from strength to strength.”
The festival, which is being held in Los Angeles, draws over 15,000 dancers from 28 countries.
Teams come from as far away as the UAE and the Philippines to take part.
You may also want to watch:
NSG’s co-owner Nick Green said: “It’s going to be huge and exciting.
“It’s not a competition, but it turns into one!”
- 1 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 2 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 3 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 4 County council results by St Albans division in full
- 5 Activist glues himself to St Albans court dock during Extinction Rebellion trial
- 6 May 17th: The Plough at Sleapshyde looks forward to welcoming customers indoors
- 7 Conservative David Lloyd re-elected as Herts Police and Crime Commissioner
- 8 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 9 Mental Health Week: enjoy a cuppa with Bob Golding
- 10 How is your charity shop etiquette?
NSG are currently raising money to go to the festival, and have already received funding from St Albans council.
To find out more about NSG, visit www.facebook.com/nsgperformingarts