St Albans dance crew join Dermot O’Leary’s Comic Relief ‘Danceathon’
- Credit: Archant
A team from a performing arts group joined celebrity presenter Dermot O’Leary during his 24 hour Danceathon for Comic Relief.
Both professional dancers and students from Living the Dream’s School of Performing Arts, based in St Albans, were spotted during the 24 hour dancing stint.
They surprised Dermot with an Uptown Funk flashmob and then a freestyle dance off.
Zoe Jackson, director of Living the Dream, said: “We were so honoured to have been part of it for such a great cause and especially to be there for his last two hours and celebration finale moment.
“Dermot called us his ‘dancing secret agents’ and told us we gave him the energy to keep going.”
You may also want to watch:
He raised £643,336 for Comic Relief and was joined by famous faces across the event including Jamie Oliver, Dam Smith, Nick Grimshaw, Rufus Hound, and Keith Lemon to name a few.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe