St Albans dance crew join Dermot O’Leary’s Comic Relief ‘Danceathon’
- Credit: Archant
A team from a performing arts group joined celebrity presenter Dermot O’Leary during his 24 hour Danceathon for Comic Relief.
Both professional dancers and students from Living the Dream’s School of Performing Arts, based in St Albans, were spotted during the 24 hour dancing stint.
They surprised Dermot with an Uptown Funk flashmob and then a freestyle dance off.
Zoe Jackson, director of Living the Dream, said: “We were so honoured to have been part of it for such a great cause and especially to be there for his last two hours and celebration finale moment.
“Dermot called us his ‘dancing secret agents’ and told us we gave him the energy to keep going.”
You may also want to watch:
He raised £643,336 for Comic Relief and was joined by famous faces across the event including Jamie Oliver, Dam Smith, Nick Grimshaw, Rufus Hound, and Keith Lemon to name a few.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match