St Albans dad raises more than £3,500 at London Marathon 2019
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans dad put himself through his paces for his diabetic daughter at this year’s London Marathon.
Jason Wills ran the Virgin Money London Marathon in five hours, 42 minutes and 53 seconds on Sunday, all in aid of JDRF - which funds research into Type One diabetes.
It is a cause close to Jason’s heart because his daughter, Maddie, was diagnosed five years ago.
He has already managed to raise more than £3,500: “I was aiming to do it in five hours and that was without the knowledge of what it was like over the last six or seven miles, which were really tough.
“Nothing particularly happened, it was just my legs and feet really hurt and it became a mental challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“But the crowds were really amazing and it was an amazing experience.”
Jason is hoping to tackle the challenge again next year and beat his time.
To donate to Jason’s marathon, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JasonWills4Maddie
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals