St Albans dad raises more than £3,500 at London Marathon 2019
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans dad put himself through his paces for his diabetic daughter at this year’s London Marathon.
Jason Wills ran the Virgin Money London Marathon in five hours, 42 minutes and 53 seconds on Sunday, all in aid of JDRF - which funds research into Type One diabetes.
It is a cause close to Jason’s heart because his daughter, Maddie, was diagnosed five years ago.
He has already managed to raise more than £3,500: “I was aiming to do it in five hours and that was without the knowledge of what it was like over the last six or seven miles, which were really tough.
“Nothing particularly happened, it was just my legs and feet really hurt and it became a mental challenge.
You may also want to watch:
“But the crowds were really amazing and it was an amazing experience.”
Jason is hoping to tackle the challenge again next year and beat his time.
To donate to Jason’s marathon, visit uk.virginmoneygiving.com/JasonWills4Maddie
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant