St Albans cyclist's charity ride for war heroes
A CYCLING enthusiast from St Albans is pedalling all the way fromScotland to raise thousands of pounds for charity. James Dimock, 28, is determined to raise �25,000 by cycling just over 1,000 miles in 10 days from John O' Groats to Lands End in August, a mi
A CYCLING enthusiast from St Albans is pedalling all the way fromScotland to raise thousands of pounds for charity.
James Dimock, 28, is determined to raise �25,000 by cycling just over 1,000 miles in 10 days from John O'Groats to Lands End in August, a mission he will complete alongside five of his fighting fit friends.
James, an accountant who lives in Holywell Hill, completed the same challenge in 2001 when, with help from his friend Chris Pickering, he raised �7,000 for charity - a total James hopes to "smash" this summer.
James, who has been cycling every weekend to keep fit, said that he was inspired by a recent visit to Cornwall: "My girlfriend and I went there on holiday last year and it made me feel pretty nostalgic. I loved cycling the race the first time round and I am hoping that I will perform even better this time round."
You may also want to watch:
He added: "There's a great group of us going and once we break that initial pain barrier, nothing will stop us! My 25-year-old brother Richard is also doing it this year and I'm sure we'll push each other to work hard."
To help James reach his fundraising target, sponsor him online at www.justgiving.com/LEJOG-August-2010 or www.justgiving.com/LEJOG-August-2010-helpforheroes
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Memories of a famous FA Cup run for Stevenage after first round draw made
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Mouth of the Tyne: St Albans City don't do lower league opposition but keep bringing them on
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area