St Albans cycle tour to the centre of Champagne country taking place this May
- Credit: Archant
A Harpenden charity featured on Children in Need is hosting a cycling challenge from St Albans to the Champagne capital of France.
The Ataxia-Telangiectasia Society’s tour will begin at St Albans Cathedral on May 10.
From there, participants will embark on the 350-mile route down to Portsmouth, then across the Caen, through the French countryside and finishing in Epernay, in the centre of the Champagne province.
To enter, cyclists need to pay £1,250, which they can either do out of their own pocket, or through fundraising. In return, all travel, accommodation, food and mechanical support is paid for. The deadline for entry is the end of March.
The money raised will go towards the society’s work supporting those suffering from Ataxia-Telangiectasia, a rare condition which affects the immune system and the body’s protection from cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Ebony Robinson, whose condition has meant she has a life expectancy of 26, was featured in last year’s Children in Need Rickshaw Challenge.
She said at the time: “Life is what you make it, so make every day count.”
Visit www.atsociety.org.uk/champagne-cycle-tour to find out more about the race and to book your place, or call 01582 760 733.
- 1 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 2 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 3 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 6 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 7 Alban Arena launches annual pantomime with Strictly Come Dancing star
- 8 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 9 Bid on London Underground poster of French Row in St Albans
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to