St Albans cycle ride raises more than £30,000 for charity
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds of riders took part in this year’s St Albans Cycle Ride in May and their pedal power raised thousands of pounds for charity.
Over £30,000 was raised for local and international charities and cheques for various amounts were presented at a recent presentation evening.
The cycle ride is organised by the Rotary Clubs of St Albans and representatives of each handed over cheques to the charities concerned.
Wendy Howson of The Rotary Club of St Albans Verulamium presented a cheque of £4,000 to Geoff Cracker from Macmillan Nurses while Simon Stebbings of St Albans Rotary Club presented a £6,000 cheque to Geoff Lambert from Medical Detection Dogs.
Chris Bradley of the Rotary Club of St Albans Priory presented a cheque for £6,000 to Jean Peyton from The Daylight Club.
You may also want to watch:
Cycle ride chairman, Roger Lambert, thanked the Herts Advertiser for publicity and the sponsors, including Oaklands College, Putterills and Herts Tool Co.
He especially thanked the riders for their continual support, his committee and everyone who had assisted in the organisation of the event.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
Next year’s cycle ride, which offers four different routes, will be held on May 14.