St Albans cubs raise funds for NSPCC with Christmas campaign
- Credit: Archant
St Albans cubs raised nearly £450 for the NSPCC (National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children) as part of the charity’s ‘Get Your Sparkle On’ Christmas campaign.
The cubs hosted an evening for family and friends on Wednesday, November 13, with a tombola, apple bobbing, cake stalls, ping pong and a silent auction with donations from local businesses.
Cub leader Nicky Vellacot said: "The cubs were so excited and enthusiastic about raising money for children less fortunate than them and I'm so proud of all their efforts.
"As we approach the Christmas season it's the perfect time to start teaching children the importance of charitable giving and how rewarding it can be.
"They know that the money raised will really make a difference."
You may also want to watch:
The money will go directly towards the NSPCC's work, including their 'Speak Out Stay Safe' initiative.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 7 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe