Sixty years celebrated by Sandridge couple
- Credit: Archant
A couple from St Albans marked 60 glorious years of marriage this week.
Ann and George Wright, who originally lived in House Lane, Sandridge, celebrated their 60th wedding anniversary on Thursday, August 13.
They spent the day with their son and daughter-in-law and their two grandchildren at Weston Super Mare and went out for a meal.
Ann and George both love ice-cream and they also enjoyed a visit to a parlour.
They got married in 1960 at The Methodist Church in Hatfield Road.
Ann used to work for the Herts Ad when the offices were based in Camp Road and George was employed by British Aerospace in Hatfield. George was a football referee until last year.
They retired in 1994 and moved back to Cornwall where George was born.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
- 10 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
Their son Graham said: “What an achievement this is. It is very inspirational for the rest of us.
“My wife, Caroline, and I have been together 26 years and we plan on spending many more happy years together.
“Congratulations to the pair of them.”