St Albans counsellor offering free sessions for Mental Health Awareness Week
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans counsellor will be running free sessions for Mental Health Awareness Week tomorrow.
Laura Hollywood will be at her practice on Bedford Road between 11am and 2pm on Wednesday.
She said: “I think it’s really difficult for people to admit that there is anything wrong.
“Anxiety and depression make you feel hopeless and also you don’t deserve to be helped.
“I’m running the event to try to change this and show people that help is available and things can improve.”
You may also want to watch:
She’s asking anyone struggling to cope with anxiety, panic attacks, or relaxing, or knows anyone who is, to come by for a chat.
The theme of this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week is ‘Surviving or Thriving?’,
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
The topic of mental health was recently brought into focus by Prince Harry’s admittal he suffered from mental health issues around the death of his mother.
To book a place on the service, email Laura on email@example.com or ring her on 07507 850 787
To find out more about the event, visit www.facebook.com