St Albans counsellor offering free sessions for Mental Health Awareness Week
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans counsellor will be running free sessions for Mental Health Awareness Week tomorrow.
Laura Hollywood will be at her practice on Bedford Road between 11am and 2pm on Wednesday.
She said: “I think it’s really difficult for people to admit that there is anything wrong.
“Anxiety and depression make you feel hopeless and also you don’t deserve to be helped.
“I’m running the event to try to change this and show people that help is available and things can improve.”
She’s asking anyone struggling to cope with anxiety, panic attacks, or relaxing, or knows anyone who is, to come by for a chat.
The theme of this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week is ‘Surviving or Thriving?’,
- 1 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Jubilee garden opened at Harpenden primary school
- 4 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 St Albans garden centre dedicates fundraising year to Brain Tumour Research
- 7 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 8 School's generous donation to foodbank
- 9 Breakaway Theatre Company returns with an enjoyable day at the races in Ladies' Day
- 10 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
The topic of mental health was recently brought into focus by Prince Harry’s admittal he suffered from mental health issues around the death of his mother.
To book a place on the service, email Laura on email@example.com or ring her on 07507 850 787
To find out more about the event, visit www.facebook.com