St Albans counsellor offering free sessions for Mental Health Awareness Week
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans counsellor will be running free sessions for Mental Health Awareness Week tomorrow.
Laura Hollywood will be at her practice on Bedford Road between 11am and 2pm on Wednesday.
She said: “I think it’s really difficult for people to admit that there is anything wrong.
“Anxiety and depression make you feel hopeless and also you don’t deserve to be helped.
“I’m running the event to try to change this and show people that help is available and things can improve.”
You may also want to watch:
She’s asking anyone struggling to cope with anxiety, panic attacks, or relaxing, or knows anyone who is, to come by for a chat.
The theme of this year’s Mental Health Awareness Week is ‘Surviving or Thriving?’,
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 4 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 7 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 8 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
The topic of mental health was recently brought into focus by Prince Harry’s admittal he suffered from mental health issues around the death of his mother.
To book a place on the service, email Laura on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring her on 07507 850 787
To find out more about the event, visit www.facebook.com