St Albans councillor appears in court on assault charge
- Credit: Archant
A councillor has today (Friday) pleaded not guilty to a charge of assault following an alleged incident at St Albans’ waste recycling centre.
St Albans district Cllr for Marshalswick South Salih Gaygusuz was last month charged with assault by beating after an alleged altercation on September 16 at the centre, based at Ronsons Way.
He appeared at St Albans Magistrates’ Court to answer the charge following an adjournment of the case earlier this month.
The court was told that Mr Gaygusuz believes he did “nothing wrong” as he was attempting to put waste in a skip when a member of staff at the centre “took exception and barged him”.
The Magistrates were told, however, that the prosecution “says it was the other way round”.
You may also want to watch:
A trial will be held on December 19.
Mr Gaygusuz remains on conditional bail.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 3 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 10 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?