St Albans charities awarded £720k for over next three years
Three St Albans charities have been awarded £720K by the district council over a three year period.
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), Open Door, and Community Central will each receive around £100K per year for 2018/19 to 2020/21.
The council cabinet has agreed to give CAB £100,122 per annum, Open Door £71,710 per annum, and Community Central (formerly known as St Albans CVS) £69,174 per annum.
CAB and Community Central will continue to have access to office space at the Civic Centre, worth £82,000 per year.
Portfolio holder for housing Brian Ellis said: “These voluntary and community sector organisations offer services that meet the needs of the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“This council funding means they can continue to develop these crucial services over the long-term, so support is provided to the most vulnerable in our district.”
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to