St Albans charities awarded £720k for over next three years
Three St Albans charities have been awarded £720K by the district council over a three year period.
Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB), Open Door, and Community Central will each receive around £100K per year for 2018/19 to 2020/21.
The council cabinet has agreed to give CAB £100,122 per annum, Open Door £71,710 per annum, and Community Central (formerly known as St Albans CVS) £69,174 per annum.
CAB and Community Central will continue to have access to office space at the Civic Centre, worth £82,000 per year.
Portfolio holder for housing Brian Ellis said: “These voluntary and community sector organisations offer services that meet the needs of the local community.
You may also want to watch:
“This council funding means they can continue to develop these crucial services over the long-term, so support is provided to the most vulnerable in our district.”
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty