St Albans council blunder over prize questionnaire
MANY people who filled out a questionnaire issued by the council with the incentive of a chance to win shopping vouchers will never know if they scooped the prize. That is because the district council failed to include a name and contact details section i
MANY people who filled out a questionnaire issued by the council with the incentive of a chance to win shopping vouchers will never know if they scooped the prize.
That is because the district council failed to include a name and contact details section in the paper version of their latest questionnaire consulting the public on the district's future. The incentive to complete the 'Shaping our Community: Get Involved and Have Your Say' comes in the form of a prize draw for �50-worth of Marks and Spencer vouchers.
But while the online version asks for contact details, the paper version handed out at the Shaping our Community exhibitions do not.
Alan Jackson of Lambourn Gardens, Harpenden, discovered the problem when he visited his local exhibition. He said: "As you would expect, the questionnaire was to be completed anonymously - nowhere was there provision for a name and address to be written.
You may also want to watch:
"I asked the two St Albans District Council (SADC) representatives how prize-winners would be identified and - shock horror - they hadn't noticed this problem.
"Not a very well planned questionnaire then. Deceptive, some might think. Can SADC please tell us how they intend to honour their pledge?"
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 3 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 4 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 7 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
A spokesperson for SADC said: "The paper questionnaire does not include a place for the participant's name and address, as advised by our research partners to encourage wide participation. A separate prize draw form was made available at the Shaping our Community exhibitions and at the council's offices for those wanting to provide their contact details to take part in the prize draw.
"It appears that this did not happen in this case. People wishing to take part in the competition who do not have the prize draw form are encouraged to write their details on the questionnaire."
The deadline for responding to the Shaping our Community consultation is approaching and the council is asking local residents and businesses to take part by visiting http://survey.euro.confirmit.com/wix2/p261642873.aspx