St Albans Museum + Gallery construction manager shortlisted for industry award
- Credit: Picture: DANNY LOO
A St Albans construction manager has been shortlisted for a prestigious industry award.
Jon Allworth is up for Construction Manager of the Year at the Chartered Institute of Building (CIOB) Awards 2019.
He has worked for Willmott Dixon for 11 years and managed the St Albans Museum + Gallery conversion project. There have been three rounds of judging already, including a site visit and panel interview.
Jon said he would do it again tomorrow: "With a 200-year-old Grade II* Listed Building, there are many unknowns and so much can go wrong - which made our client and their team understandably nervous."
He will find out who has won in September.
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Annie Brewster, who was sports and culture portfolio holder at St Albans council at the time of the museum project, said: "He led a very professional team from the front, took on all the challenges a complex restoration and repurposing of a historic building can throw up and made it all look effortless, whilst supporting everyone around him."
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty