St Albans conservation charity volunteer of more than 13 years wins award
- Credit: Archant
A volunteer has received an award after dedicating more than 13 years of her life to a conservation charity.
Pam Farley, 87, who volunteers at the St Albans-based charity Woodland Trust, was presented with the Juniper Award at the annual Volunteer of the Year awards ceremony in the Belton Woods Hotel, Grantham.
The ceremony is organised by the charity and it recognises the hard work of the people who help them.
Pam has been a volunteer for more than 13 years and received the award for her contribution to the Talking Trees project which involves speaking to people about woods and trees.
In that time, she has delivered 255 talks and raised more than £10,600 for the trust with her work in saving ancient woodland.
You may also want to watch:
Pam said: “It is a great pleasure to feel that I have been useful to The Woodland Trust.
She added that it is a “wonderful organisation”.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 9 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
Louise Neicho, who nominated Pam for the award, commented: “Pam is truly an inspirational volunteer who has given much of her life to public service as a teacher.
“She has a huge wealth of experience that we continue to benefit from and her enthusiasm never seems to wane.
“She is always full of fun and full of life; an exceptional volunteer and an exceptional human being.”