St Albans commuter’s face delays following broken down train
- Credit: Archant
Train are currently delayed between St Albans City and West Hampstead following an electric fault.
Earlier this morning Thameslink experienced a brief fault on the 06.13am East Grinstead to Bedford service, which came to a halt outside of Mill Hill Broadway, due to a technical fault with the pantograph.
A pantograph is an apparatus mounted on the roof of an electric train and collects power through contact with an overhead line, similar to how the third rail works.
A spokesperson for Thameslink said: “The train has since moved with a delay of 16 minutes, and will continue at a reduced speed towards Bedford.
“No other Thameslink services are currently affected by this problem.”
You may also want to watch:
Trains may be cancelled or delayed between West Hampstead and St Albans City until 8.45am.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold