St Albans commuter’s face delays following broken down train
- Credit: Archant
Train are currently delayed between St Albans City and West Hampstead following an electric fault.
Earlier this morning Thameslink experienced a brief fault on the 06.13am East Grinstead to Bedford service, which came to a halt outside of Mill Hill Broadway, due to a technical fault with the pantograph.
A pantograph is an apparatus mounted on the roof of an electric train and collects power through contact with an overhead line, similar to how the third rail works.
A spokesperson for Thameslink said: “The train has since moved with a delay of 16 minutes, and will continue at a reduced speed towards Bedford.
“No other Thameslink services are currently affected by this problem.”
You may also want to watch:
Trains may be cancelled or delayed between West Hampstead and St Albans City until 8.45am.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Seven-up for Devine as Colney Heath reach final of spring cup
- 7 Colney Heath up for the cup says boss but plan is also to carry form into next year
- 8 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease