St Albans commuter’s face delays following broken down train
- Credit: Archant
Train are currently delayed between St Albans City and West Hampstead following an electric fault.
Earlier this morning Thameslink experienced a brief fault on the 06.13am East Grinstead to Bedford service, which came to a halt outside of Mill Hill Broadway, due to a technical fault with the pantograph.
A pantograph is an apparatus mounted on the roof of an electric train and collects power through contact with an overhead line, similar to how the third rail works.
A spokesperson for Thameslink said: “The train has since moved with a delay of 16 minutes, and will continue at a reduced speed towards Bedford.
“No other Thameslink services are currently affected by this problem.”
You may also want to watch:
Trains may be cancelled or delayed between West Hampstead and St Albans City until 8.45am.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match