St Albans community unites behind World’s Biggest Coffee morning event
- Credit: Archant
Caring locals from the world of art, business and banking will be putting aside their usual routine to take part in the biggest coffee morning in the world in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support today.
Rosanna Cioffi, of Rob’s Cuts hairdressers in the high street, London Colney, is a long-term patron of the charity but this is the first time she is hosting this kind of event.
She said plenty of people will be popping along tomorrow at 9.30am, including some rugby player clients and potentially Hollywood hero Vinnie Jones’ dad.
“My husband and I have helped before, but we wanted to host the coffee morning because we hear so many people come in every day saying cancer has affected them.
“It’s so common, it’s so scary.”
Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive is hosting coffee and cake for only £2 in the Gallery Café between 11am and 12.30pm for the cause, while the local branch of Natwest in St Peter’s Street is treating customers to something sweet from 10am.
Marks & Spencer are official sponsors for Macmillan and the city-centre store will be collecting money in their upstairs café.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 9 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
Send your coffee morning photos and stories to email@example.com