St Albans community unites behind World’s Biggest Coffee morning event
- Credit: Archant
Caring locals from the world of art, business and banking will be putting aside their usual routine to take part in the biggest coffee morning in the world in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support today.
Rosanna Cioffi, of Rob’s Cuts hairdressers in the high street, London Colney, is a long-term patron of the charity but this is the first time she is hosting this kind of event.
She said plenty of people will be popping along tomorrow at 9.30am, including some rugby player clients and potentially Hollywood hero Vinnie Jones’ dad.
“My husband and I have helped before, but we wanted to host the coffee morning because we hear so many people come in every day saying cancer has affected them.
“It’s so common, it’s so scary.”
Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive is hosting coffee and cake for only £2 in the Gallery Café between 11am and 12.30pm for the cause, while the local branch of Natwest in St Peter’s Street is treating customers to something sweet from 10am.
Marks & Spencer are official sponsors for Macmillan and the city-centre store will be collecting money in their upstairs café.
- 1 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 2 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 4 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 5 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 6 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 7 Tough mother Jenny giving back to Bone Cancer Research
- 8 St Albans shop showcasing small independents by renting out shelves
- 9 Six Bells shock Skew Bridge to lift Herts Ad Knockout Cup
- 10 Huge Victorian house with pool and gym on sale for £1.75m
Send your coffee morning photos and stories to email@example.com