St Albans community unites behind World’s Biggest Coffee morning event
- Credit: Archant
Caring locals from the world of art, business and banking will be putting aside their usual routine to take part in the biggest coffee morning in the world in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support today.
Rosanna Cioffi, of Rob’s Cuts hairdressers in the high street, London Colney, is a long-term patron of the charity but this is the first time she is hosting this kind of event.
She said plenty of people will be popping along tomorrow at 9.30am, including some rugby player clients and potentially Hollywood hero Vinnie Jones’ dad.
“My husband and I have helped before, but we wanted to host the coffee morning because we hear so many people come in every day saying cancer has affected them.
“It’s so common, it’s so scary.”
You may also want to watch:
Trestle Arts Base in Russet Drive is hosting coffee and cake for only £2 in the Gallery Café between 11am and 12.30pm for the cause, while the local branch of Natwest in St Peter’s Street is treating customers to something sweet from 10am.
Marks & Spencer are official sponsors for Macmillan and the city-centre store will be collecting money in their upstairs café.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 5 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 8 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 9 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 10 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
Send your coffee morning photos and stories to email@example.com