St Albans college playing a starring role in new movie
A COLLEGE campus in St Albans was unusually busy during half-term when it played host to a film crew.
The Smallford Campus of Oaklands College is one of the main locations in new British movie, The Manual, which is written and directed by Darren Paul Fisher, a former teacher at Oaklands.
Filming got under way last month, but lengthier scenes in and around the college were filmed during half-term and more filming is planned on November 13 and 14.
The Manual is described as a left-field romance by Darren, who says the film falls somewhere between (500) Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Darren’s previous films, which were distributed worldwide, include Inbetweeners and Popcorn.
You may also want to watch:
During filming, students and staff at the college have taken on the roles of extras and some of the college’s media students have had the rare chance to do some work experience alongside the film crew.
If you are aged between 16 and 20 and want the chance to gain experience within the film industry, visit the Facebook page for The Manual Movie and register your interest there.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 7 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 8 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 9 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament