St Albans college playing a starring role in new movie
A COLLEGE campus in St Albans was unusually busy during half-term when it played host to a film crew.
The Smallford Campus of Oaklands College is one of the main locations in new British movie, The Manual, which is written and directed by Darren Paul Fisher, a former teacher at Oaklands.
Filming got under way last month, but lengthier scenes in and around the college were filmed during half-term and more filming is planned on November 13 and 14.
The Manual is described as a left-field romance by Darren, who says the film falls somewhere between (500) Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Darren’s previous films, which were distributed worldwide, include Inbetweeners and Popcorn.
You may also want to watch:
During filming, students and staff at the college have taken on the roles of extras and some of the college’s media students have had the rare chance to do some work experience alongside the film crew.
If you are aged between 16 and 20 and want the chance to gain experience within the film industry, visit the Facebook page for The Manual Movie and register your interest there.
- 1 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 6 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
- 10 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?