St Albans college playing a starring role in new movie
A COLLEGE campus in St Albans was unusually busy during half-term when it played host to a film crew.
The Smallford Campus of Oaklands College is one of the main locations in new British movie, The Manual, which is written and directed by Darren Paul Fisher, a former teacher at Oaklands.
Filming got under way last month, but lengthier scenes in and around the college were filmed during half-term and more filming is planned on November 13 and 14.
The Manual is described as a left-field romance by Darren, who says the film falls somewhere between (500) Days of Summer and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.
Darren’s previous films, which were distributed worldwide, include Inbetweeners and Popcorn.
You may also want to watch:
During filming, students and staff at the college have taken on the roles of extras and some of the college’s media students have had the rare chance to do some work experience alongside the film crew.
If you are aged between 16 and 20 and want the chance to gain experience within the film industry, visit the Facebook page for The Manual Movie and register your interest there.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 3 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests