College welcomes veterans to restaurant for St Albans Remembers
- Credit: Â© 2014 Danny Loo, All Rights
War veterans have been invited to a Remembrance themed free lunch at a St Albans college.
Students at Oaklands College’s The Stables Restaurant are hosting a free three-course meal exclusively for war veterans today.
It is part of the St Albans Remembers campaign, which includes a schedule of events to commemorate Remembrance Sunday on November 11 and the centenary of World War One in 2018.
Head chef at the restaurant, Martin West, said: “Oaklands College is proud to be supporting the St Albans Remembers commemorations.
“As a college we take pleasure in supporting the local community, so we’re very much looking forward to welcoming veterans to our stables restaurant.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stables Restaurant is staffed by the college’s catering students and lead by a team of award-winning chefs.
The lunch is due to take place on November 8 from 11.45am to 2pm.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder