College welcomes veterans to restaurant for St Albans Remembers
- Credit: Â© 2014 Danny Loo, All Rights
War veterans have been invited to a Remembrance themed free lunch at a St Albans college.
Students at Oaklands College’s The Stables Restaurant are hosting a free three-course meal exclusively for war veterans today.
It is part of the St Albans Remembers campaign, which includes a schedule of events to commemorate Remembrance Sunday on November 11 and the centenary of World War One in 2018.
Head chef at the restaurant, Martin West, said: “Oaklands College is proud to be supporting the St Albans Remembers commemorations.
“As a college we take pleasure in supporting the local community, so we’re very much looking forward to welcoming veterans to our stables restaurant.”
You may also want to watch:
The Stables Restaurant is staffed by the college’s catering students and lead by a team of award-winning chefs.
The lunch is due to take place on November 8 from 11.45am to 2pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests