St Albans Cocktail Bar Soon To Make TV Debut
LIGHTS, camera, action: a buzzing cocktail bar in St Albans is set to make its TV debut on a new Channel 5 programme. Mokoko in Verulam Road, which opened under that name in April last year, will be starring in The Business Inspector, a troubleshooting T
LIGHTS, camera, action: a buzzing cocktail bar in St Albans is set to make its TV debut on a new Channel 5 programme.
Mokoko in Verulam Road, which opened under that name in April last year, will be starring in The Business Inspector, a troubleshooting TV series which looks at the issues faced by small businesses in today's economically unstable world.
Mokoko, an ambitious cocktail bar looking to get even bigger and better, was deemed to be perfect material for the show by Channel 5, which first met Mokoko owner Jass Patel in January and spent three weeks filming at the bar last month.
As part of the programme, self-made millionaire Hilary Devey - who took her own small haulage business and turned it into a global success - offers entrepreneurs such as Jass top-notch advice about getting ahead in the world of business.
You may also want to watch:
Jass, who lives in Bricket Wood with his wife Reena, said that being on the show was an opportunity not to be missed: "Mokoko made more profit last year than ever before and naturally we want to build on that. So going on the TV show seemed like the perfect opportunity to quiz experts such as Hilary about how they made it big."
He added: "It was quite surreal to have a TV crew watching the way you run your business for three weeks and although it was an exciting experience, I am quite glad to have the place to myself now!"
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 4 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 5 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 6 Turning over a new leaf as lockdown ends
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Saints in the City initiative will bring sports projects to local community
- 9 Community opens book shed to share the gift of reading
- 10 'Hero without a cape' comes to the aid of Park Street resident
The Business Inspector hits screens on Wednesday March 17 and Jass and Mokoko will feature in an episode on March 31.