St Albans City Youth planning reunion
ST ALBANS City Youth FC is holding a reunion evening next month to mark the club’s 40th anniversary.
More than 7,000 people have been a part of the football club over the years and founder Ian Woods is hoping to bring some of them together again.
“We are having a reunion for all the former club players, managers, supporters, kit washers and officials,” he said.
Over the years, Ian has seen the club grow to more than 50 teams, from under seven to under 18 boys and under nine to under 18 girls. Its disability section has two teams for players aged up to 25.
In addition, the club also runs a Saturday morning soccer school and seven-a-side mini soccer sessions for its youngest members.
You may also want to watch:
Based at Highfield Park, the club has some excellent facilities thanks to the efforts of club members past and present.
“Who would have thought that such a simple idea would turn into something so special, benefiting so many young people,” said Ian.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 'Kick-ass' St Albans business campaigns for period pants tax removal
- 3 Woman loses more than £1000 in St Albans cashpoint distraction scam
- 4 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 5 6 movies to watch on TV this week made in Herts
- 6 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 7 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 8 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
- 9 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 10 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
The reunion will take place at Nicholas Breakspear School, from 7pm, on Friday February 10.
Tickets are being sold on a first come, first served basis and include entertainment and food. To order tickets email email@example.com
Ian continued: “I already know that a number of ex-players and officials are flying back to the country to make this a very special evening.”
More information about the event can be found at www.cityyouthfc.com