St Albans City Youth planning reunion
ST ALBANS City Youth FC is holding a reunion evening next month to mark the club’s 40th anniversary.
More than 7,000 people have been a part of the football club over the years and founder Ian Woods is hoping to bring some of them together again.
“We are having a reunion for all the former club players, managers, supporters, kit washers and officials,” he said.
Over the years, Ian has seen the club grow to more than 50 teams, from under seven to under 18 boys and under nine to under 18 girls. Its disability section has two teams for players aged up to 25.
In addition, the club also runs a Saturday morning soccer school and seven-a-side mini soccer sessions for its youngest members.
You may also want to watch:
Based at Highfield Park, the club has some excellent facilities thanks to the efforts of club members past and present.
“Who would have thought that such a simple idea would turn into something so special, benefiting so many young people,” said Ian.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 3 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
The reunion will take place at Nicholas Breakspear School, from 7pm, on Friday February 10.
Tickets are being sold on a first come, first served basis and include entertainment and food. To order tickets email firstname.lastname@example.org
Ian continued: “I already know that a number of ex-players and officials are flying back to the country to make this a very special evening.”
More information about the event can be found at www.cityyouthfc.com