St Albans City Youth planning reunion
ST ALBANS City Youth FC is holding a reunion evening next month to mark the club’s 40th anniversary.
More than 7,000 people have been a part of the football club over the years and founder Ian Woods is hoping to bring some of them together again.
“We are having a reunion for all the former club players, managers, supporters, kit washers and officials,” he said.
Over the years, Ian has seen the club grow to more than 50 teams, from under seven to under 18 boys and under nine to under 18 girls. Its disability section has two teams for players aged up to 25.
In addition, the club also runs a Saturday morning soccer school and seven-a-side mini soccer sessions for its youngest members.
You may also want to watch:
Based at Highfield Park, the club has some excellent facilities thanks to the efforts of club members past and present.
“Who would have thought that such a simple idea would turn into something so special, benefiting so many young people,” said Ian.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 7 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 8 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 9 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
The reunion will take place at Nicholas Breakspear School, from 7pm, on Friday February 10.
Tickets are being sold on a first come, first served basis and include entertainment and food. To order tickets email email@example.com
Ian continued: “I already know that a number of ex-players and officials are flying back to the country to make this a very special evening.”
More information about the event can be found at www.cityyouthfc.com