Young footballers kick off season with brand new kit thanks to St Albans barbers
- Credit: Archant
Young St Albans footballers are kicking off the 2019/20 season with a brand new kit.
St Albans City Community Youth FC could buy the yellow kit with the help of sponsorship money from the Village Barber Shop on High Street.
Owner of the barbers, Lerraine Rand, said it was important to support youth sport: "I play tennis and cycle and am sporty myself so I support all of that."
The club play in the West Herts Youth League division one on a Sunday.
Club chairman Geoff Watts said: "Sponsorship is extremely important in helping clubs to cover their costs, which can be something in the region of £1,500 to £2,000 to run a team.
You may also want to watch:
"That includes kit, pitches, referees, first aid, all that sort of thing.
"Getting young people involved in football is important because it is great exercise, it is team work, and it is being part of a huge organisation which contributes to the St Albans community."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'