St Albans City player sweet on custard creams
French player really takes the biscuit
CRUMBS! When St Albans City Football player Sakho Bakare isn’t dribbling on the pitch he’s drooling over a plate of classic custard cream biscuits.
News of the French-speaking player’s penchant for the sandwich biscuit with a fondant centre, loved in the UK and Ireland, was revealed in a recent club twitter post.
A club spokeswoman said: “Apparently he was looking for food after a match and found some leftover custard creams in the boardroom and then couldn’t stop eating them.”
Sakho, who played professional football, first division, for Neuch�tel Xamax in Switzerland, tucked into a plate of custard creams, now his favourite biscuit, after the Saints beat Redditch United 2-0 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Admonishing fellow Saints as they tried to gain possession of a plate of the treats after the match, he joked: “They are my biscuits.”
Sakho said: “I love custard creams. I didn’t have them before coming to England. C’est Bon.”
- 1 Parish council reveals £250K financial scandal over 11 years
- 2 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 3 de Havilland Aircraft Museum awarded £90k grant as it plans for May reopening
- 4 Teen suicide prevention charity appoints first ambassador
- 5 Former St Albans Mayor celebrates golden wedding
- 6 Fantastic Mr Fox rescued from balcony with help of RSPCA
- 7 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 8 Knife found in churchyard by litter pickers
- 9 Giant glass wings installed at St Albans Cathedral to offer 'Solace' in loss
- 10 Abbey Theatre banner vanishes from St Albans park railings