St Albans City player sweet on custard creams
French player really takes the biscuit
CRUMBS! When St Albans City Football player Sakho Bakare isn’t dribbling on the pitch he’s drooling over a plate of classic custard cream biscuits.
News of the French-speaking player’s penchant for the sandwich biscuit with a fondant centre, loved in the UK and Ireland, was revealed in a recent club twitter post.
A club spokeswoman said: “Apparently he was looking for food after a match and found some leftover custard creams in the boardroom and then couldn’t stop eating them.”
Sakho, who played professional football, first division, for Neuch�tel Xamax in Switzerland, tucked into a plate of custard creams, now his favourite biscuit, after the Saints beat Redditch United 2-0 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Admonishing fellow Saints as they tried to gain possession of a plate of the treats after the match, he joked: “They are my biscuits.”
Sakho said: “I love custard creams. I didn’t have them before coming to England. C’est Bon.”
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe