St Albans City player sweet on custard creams
French player really takes the biscuit
CRUMBS! When St Albans City Football player Sakho Bakare isn’t dribbling on the pitch he’s drooling over a plate of classic custard cream biscuits.
News of the French-speaking player’s penchant for the sandwich biscuit with a fondant centre, loved in the UK and Ireland, was revealed in a recent club twitter post.
A club spokeswoman said: “Apparently he was looking for food after a match and found some leftover custard creams in the boardroom and then couldn’t stop eating them.”
Sakho, who played professional football, first division, for Neuch�tel Xamax in Switzerland, tucked into a plate of custard creams, now his favourite biscuit, after the Saints beat Redditch United 2-0 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Admonishing fellow Saints as they tried to gain possession of a plate of the treats after the match, he joked: “They are my biscuits.”
Sakho said: “I love custard creams. I didn’t have them before coming to England. C’est Bon.”
- 1 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 5 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 6 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 10 More things which have gone but are not forgotten in St Albans