St Albans City player sweet on custard creams
French player really takes the biscuit
CRUMBS! When St Albans City Football player Sakho Bakare isn’t dribbling on the pitch he’s drooling over a plate of classic custard cream biscuits.
News of the French-speaking player’s penchant for the sandwich biscuit with a fondant centre, loved in the UK and Ireland, was revealed in a recent club twitter post.
A club spokeswoman said: “Apparently he was looking for food after a match and found some leftover custard creams in the boardroom and then couldn’t stop eating them.”
Sakho, who played professional football, first division, for Neuch�tel Xamax in Switzerland, tucked into a plate of custard creams, now his favourite biscuit, after the Saints beat Redditch United 2-0 on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
Admonishing fellow Saints as they tried to gain possession of a plate of the treats after the match, he joked: “They are my biscuits.”
Sakho said: “I love custard creams. I didn’t have them before coming to England. C’est Bon.”
- 1 Can you help after man left unconscious outside St Albans pub?
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Birthday charity walks in brother's memory
- 4 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 5 Market trader says goodbye to beard after 15 years
- 6 Driver hospitalised after three-vehicle accident on M1 near Redbourn
- 7 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 8 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 9 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?