St Albans church magazine wins national award
- Credit: Archant
Church magazine editors are celebrating after winning a major national accolade.
Wheathampstead Churches Together magazine The Vine was presented with the Gold Award for Best Church Magazine in Westminster Central Hall by the Association for Church Editors at their annual general meeting on May 6.
In recognition, editor Hugh L’Estrange and writer Susan L’Estrange received a baptismal shell called a John King Trophy, an inscribed glass cup, and a framed certificate of excellence.
Hugh said: “I am enormously proud and pleased.
“There are lots of different awards for different levels of achievement and excellence, so to get the top one was really quite exciting and surprising.”
You may also want to watch:
He believes The Vine stood out partly because of its themed content - recently the magazine has been run a series of articles on the Reformation.
The magazine serves three churches - St Helen’s, St Peter’s, and St Thomas More church.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
Keynote speaker at the meeting, talent director of Totem Consulting Helen Frewin, presented them with the award after a speech entitled The Editor’s Gift.