Everyone invited to St Albans church’s 50th anniversary party
- Credit: Archant
The congregation of a St Albans church are celebrating half a century in the community.
Marshalswick Baptist Free Church have invited everyone along to its 50th anniversary party, where they can reconnect with old friends, make new ones, and learn about activities the church offers.
It is also currently fund raising to improve its facilities - the building needs £219,000 to install disabled access and carry out essential maintenance.
The church was originally built in 1968 on land in Sherwood Avenue donated by Mr TF Nash.
Minister Rev Graham Clarke said: “Many of those who lived in the area will have memories of the many activities enjoyed at the church whether as children or adults over these past 50 years.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to seek to be a place where people of all ages can meet and be supported and be made aware of the relevance of the Christian message for today and the future.”
The celebration takes place on September 16 from 10.15am to 7pm.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans