Everyone invited to St Albans church’s 50th anniversary party
- Credit: Archant
The congregation of a St Albans church are celebrating half a century in the community.
Marshalswick Baptist Free Church have invited everyone along to its 50th anniversary party, where they can reconnect with old friends, make new ones, and learn about activities the church offers.
It is also currently fund raising to improve its facilities - the building needs £219,000 to install disabled access and carry out essential maintenance.
The church was originally built in 1968 on land in Sherwood Avenue donated by Mr TF Nash.
Minister Rev Graham Clarke said: “Many of those who lived in the area will have memories of the many activities enjoyed at the church whether as children or adults over these past 50 years.
You may also want to watch:
“We continue to seek to be a place where people of all ages can meet and be supported and be made aware of the relevance of the Christian message for today and the future.”
The celebration takes place on September 16 from 10.15am to 7pm.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved