St Albans Christmas Festival cancelled at Herts County Showground
- Credit: Archant
Organisers have had to cancel the St Albans Christmas Festival at Herts County Showground.
The festival was originally meant to be solely based in Verulamium Park, but was split between the showground, the park and the Vintry Gardens for between November 30 and December 22.
However, the part of the event taking place in the showground was cancelled on Saturday.
In a video, organiser Kerry Marks said: “After three different ice rink deliveries we have had power issues, we have had weather issues.
“The event has not come together as we needed it to. The site has not really had any footfall over the first couple of days.”
You may also want to watch:
Ms Marks apologised to ticket holders, and said they would be able to refund their tickets or exchange them.
The Verulamium Park element of the festival is taking place between December 8 and December 22, and the Vintry Garden event between November 30 and December 22.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 7 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 10 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'