St Albans charity shop doing roaring trade
- Credit: Archant
SHOPPERS are finding more than just a few of their favourite things at a gift shop in St Albans, which has raised £15,000 to help combat cancer after being open for just two months.
Raindrops on Roses, situated on the High Street, sells a unique range of gift ideas many of which have been sourced from some of the city’s finest craftspeople.
And thanks to loyal customers and a dedicated army of volunteers they are soaring ahead in their mission to donate all of the store’s profits to local charity Herts Against Cancer.
Deputy manager Jill Taylor said: “We have been so lucky to have had so many lovely people volunteer their time.
“They’ve not only put in the hard work that makes the shop tick, they’ve added a friendliness that seems so fitting for a store of this kind.”
You may also want to watch:
Raindrops on Roses was set up in aid of Herts Against Cancer, which is devoted to raising cancer awareness and supports local initiatives including Mount Vernon Cancer Network and the Paul Strickland Scanner Appeal.
The business began trading in November and since then the team behind the venture said it has become a “real hub for the community” and a place to spread the word about early detection of cancer.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
Following on from the success of the shop, in March they are also due to start running workshops in beginner and intermediate level knitting and spring flower arranging to help generate more funds for the charity.
For further details about Raindrops on Roses and how get involved in the workshops call them directly on 01727 866898 or visit their Facebook page at www.facebook.com/RaindropsOnRosesStAlbans