St Albans charity cycle ride hands over £25k to Herts charities
- Credit: Archant
Charities from across Hertfordshire were awarded £25,000 at the St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (SACCR) presentation event.
The beneficiaries, including St Albans based organisations Home-Start and Youth Talk, also saw the SACCR’s winners receive their trophies.
A fixture of the St Albans social calendar, the SACCR is organised annually by the city’s four Rotary Clubs.
SACCR chair, Christine Thomson, said: “I want to thank all those riders who participated in this year’s St Albans Rotary Charity Cycle Ride, as well as our sponsors the Herts Advertiser, KDW, and the Herts Tool Company, and the numerous Rotarian organisers for their continuing support.”
Among the winners were 10-year-old Amelia O’Callaghan, who received the trophy for the under-16 who raised the most in sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Regan received the trophy for the adult who raised the most.
Several trophies were also awarded for the best pub team, best private team, and best family team.
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly