St Albans charity cycle ride hands over £25k to Herts charities
- Credit: Archant
Charities from across Hertfordshire were awarded £25,000 at the St Albans Charity Cycle Ride (SACCR) presentation event.
The beneficiaries, including St Albans based organisations Home-Start and Youth Talk, also saw the SACCR’s winners receive their trophies.
A fixture of the St Albans social calendar, the SACCR is organised annually by the city’s four Rotary Clubs.
SACCR chair, Christine Thomson, said: “I want to thank all those riders who participated in this year’s St Albans Rotary Charity Cycle Ride, as well as our sponsors the Herts Advertiser, KDW, and the Herts Tool Company, and the numerous Rotarian organisers for their continuing support.”
Among the winners were 10-year-old Amelia O’Callaghan, who received the trophy for the under-16 who raised the most in sponsorship.
You may also want to watch:
Scott Regan received the trophy for the adult who raised the most.
Several trophies were also awarded for the best pub team, best private team, and best family team.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 5 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 8 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 9 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 10 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team