St Albans charity bookshop broken into
A CHARITY bookshop in St Albans was broken into last night (Thursday, September 13).
Police were alerted to the break-in at the Oxfam bookshop on Catherine Street this morning.
The offenders apparently smashed through the roof of the building to gain access.
A volunteer from the shop said: “Everyone at the shop is just sad really that you get broken into when you’re a charity.
“Although nothing was taken – no cash is left on the premises overnight and the safe is impenetrable - they left the charity with a large repair bill.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently investigating the incident and are asking anyone with information to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 10 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?