St Albans charity bookshop broken into
A CHARITY bookshop in St Albans was broken into last night (Thursday, September 13).
Police were alerted to the break-in at the Oxfam bookshop on Catherine Street this morning.
The offenders apparently smashed through the roof of the building to gain access.
A volunteer from the shop said: “Everyone at the shop is just sad really that you get broken into when you’re a charity.
“Although nothing was taken – no cash is left on the premises overnight and the safe is impenetrable - they left the charity with a large repair bill.”
You may also want to watch:
Police are currently investigating the incident and are asking anyone with information to contact them on the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match