St Albans charities crowdfunder brings in £11,500
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An innovative new crowdfunding scheme has raised more than £11,500 for four local charities.
The Funding Network (TFN) launched in St Albans earlier this month with a meeting at The Mosaic Room in Verulamium Museum.
Four charities selected by a team of volunteers were invited to pitch to the audience for funding to create lasting social change in the local area. They included Mind in Mid Herts, The OLLIE Foundation, Transition St Albans and the Young People’s Puppet Theatre.
Volunteer organiser of TFN St Albans Richard Sved said he was pleased to be able to provide such vital support: “I’m delighted with how the evening went. There was a real positive energy in the room, people seemed to have a good time and lots of money was raised. That’s pretty much what we were hoping for!”
Transition St Albans were delighted to pitch at the event. “It feels a little like someone has just waved a magic wand!” said Catherine Ross, one of their steering group members and the chair of Sustainable St Albans Week.
You may also want to watch:
The OLLIE Foundation thanked TFN for providing vital funding to build awareness and recruit volunteers: “Thanks to TFN and the incredible generosity of the audience”, said Jo Bayne, a member of the marketing committee. “The experience has been an incredible learning curve and a great platform to raise our profile and get vital donations.”
TFN St Albans plans to return in the summer of 2017. If you would like more information, please contact email@example.com.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 5 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 6 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 7 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 10 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools