St Albans charities crowdfunder brings in £11,500
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
An innovative new crowdfunding scheme has raised more than £11,500 for four local charities.
The Funding Network (TFN) launched in St Albans earlier this month with a meeting at The Mosaic Room in Verulamium Museum.
Four charities selected by a team of volunteers were invited to pitch to the audience for funding to create lasting social change in the local area. They included Mind in Mid Herts, The OLLIE Foundation, Transition St Albans and the Young People’s Puppet Theatre.
Volunteer organiser of TFN St Albans Richard Sved said he was pleased to be able to provide such vital support: “I’m delighted with how the evening went. There was a real positive energy in the room, people seemed to have a good time and lots of money was raised. That’s pretty much what we were hoping for!”
Transition St Albans were delighted to pitch at the event. “It feels a little like someone has just waved a magic wand!” said Catherine Ross, one of their steering group members and the chair of Sustainable St Albans Week.
You may also want to watch:
The OLLIE Foundation thanked TFN for providing vital funding to build awareness and recruit volunteers: “Thanks to TFN and the incredible generosity of the audience”, said Jo Bayne, a member of the marketing committee. “The experience has been an incredible learning curve and a great platform to raise our profile and get vital donations.”
TFN St Albans plans to return in the summer of 2017. If you would like more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing