Armed police respond to alleged stabbing in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 30s was taken to hospital after sustaining ‘alleged stab wounds’ in St Albans yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 5.14pm to reports that a woman had been injured at a property in Bardwell Court.
Armed officers immediately attended the scene, but nobody was present on arrival.
A search was conducted in the area and the victim was located in Cell Barnes Lane. She had wounds to her abdomen and was taken to hospital.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The offender – a man who is believed to be known to the victim – remains outstanding at this time and officers are conducting enquiries to trace him.
The man is described as black, in his mid 20s, of a muscular build, with big eyes and a cut in/fade hairstyle.
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 7 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 8 Property Secrets: St Albans Green councillor Simon Grover
- 9 St Albans violent crime: Recreational drug users 'feeding' County Lines
- 10 Youngsters star in Watford win much to delight of St Albans City boss Ian Allinson
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference 41/26715/20.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.