Armed police respond to alleged stabbing in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 30s was taken to hospital after sustaining ‘alleged stab wounds’ in St Albans yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 5.14pm to reports that a woman had been injured at a property in Bardwell Court.
Armed officers immediately attended the scene, but nobody was present on arrival.
A search was conducted in the area and the victim was located in Cell Barnes Lane. She had wounds to her abdomen and was taken to hospital.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
You may also want to watch:
The offender – a man who is believed to be known to the victim – remains outstanding at this time and officers are conducting enquiries to trace him.
The man is described as black, in his mid 20s, of a muscular build, with big eyes and a cut in/fade hairstyle.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 7 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 8 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 9 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
- 10 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference 41/26715/20.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.