Armed police respond to alleged stabbing in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
A woman in her 30s was taken to hospital after sustaining ‘alleged stab wounds’ in St Albans yesterday afternoon.
Police were called at 5.14pm to reports that a woman had been injured at a property in Bardwell Court.
Armed officers immediately attended the scene, but nobody was present on arrival.
A search was conducted in the area and the victim was located in Cell Barnes Lane. She had wounds to her abdomen and was taken to hospital.
Her injuries are not life-threatening.
The offender – a man who is believed to be known to the victim – remains outstanding at this time and officers are conducting enquiries to trace him.
The man is described as black, in his mid 20s, of a muscular build, with big eyes and a cut in/fade hairstyle.
- 1 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 2 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Hertfordshire teen bullying victim given royal honour
- 4 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 5 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 6 Peregrine falcon chick hatches at St Albans Cathedral in a city first
- 7 5 things you might not have known about Herts county council's new chairman
- 8 Success for Harpenden actor after National Youth Theatre audition
- 9 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 10 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
Any witnesses or anyone with information should call the non-emergency number 101 quoting crime reference 41/26715/20.
Alternatively, you can contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at crimestoppers-uk.org.