St Albans Cathedral opens charity Christmas card shop
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up charity Christmas card shop has opened up in St Albans Cathedral.
The shop was opened by football commentator John Motson to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the partnership between the cathedral and the charity ‘Cards for Good Causes’.
Shoppers will be able to choose from hundreds of different Christmas card designs, including scenes of the cathedral, and the shop will be staffed by local volunteers.
Speaking at the opening, John Motson said: “It’s great to support Cards for Good Causes, with at least 70p in every pound going to support the charities.
“A record 38 charities are represented in this year’s pop-up store. Hopefully the shop will have a bumper year here at St Albans Cathedral, so lets get on with the selling!”
Cards for Good Causes represents more than 250 charities including Cancer Research UK, Barnado’s. NSPCC and the Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 3 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 4 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 7 Where and when can you see Santa's float in St Albans?
- 8 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus
- 9 Hit and run on deadly Redbourn Road
- 10 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year