St Albans Cathedral opens charity Christmas card shop
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up charity Christmas card shop has opened up in St Albans Cathedral.
The shop was opened by football commentator John Motson to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the partnership between the cathedral and the charity ‘Cards for Good Causes’.
Shoppers will be able to choose from hundreds of different Christmas card designs, including scenes of the cathedral, and the shop will be staffed by local volunteers.
Speaking at the opening, John Motson said: “It’s great to support Cards for Good Causes, with at least 70p in every pound going to support the charities.
“A record 38 charities are represented in this year’s pop-up store. Hopefully the shop will have a bumper year here at St Albans Cathedral, so lets get on with the selling!”
You may also want to watch:
Cards for Good Causes represents more than 250 charities including Cancer Research UK, Barnado’s. NSPCC and the Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'