St Albans Cathedral opens charity Christmas card shop
- Credit: Archant
A pop-up charity Christmas card shop has opened up in St Albans Cathedral.
The shop was opened by football commentator John Motson to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the partnership between the cathedral and the charity ‘Cards for Good Causes’.
Shoppers will be able to choose from hundreds of different Christmas card designs, including scenes of the cathedral, and the shop will be staffed by local volunteers.
Speaking at the opening, John Motson said: “It’s great to support Cards for Good Causes, with at least 70p in every pound going to support the charities.
“A record 38 charities are represented in this year’s pop-up store. Hopefully the shop will have a bumper year here at St Albans Cathedral, so lets get on with the selling!”
You may also want to watch:
Cards for Good Causes represents more than 250 charities including Cancer Research UK, Barnado’s. NSPCC and the Alzheimer’s Society.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 9 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden