St Albans cathedral head virger dies following a stroke
- Credit: Archant
A remembrance service will be held following the death of St Albans cathedral’s head virger Paul Underhill.
In a statement on their Facebook page, the cathedral wrote: “We are sad to announce the sudden death of our head virger, Paul Underhill.
“He has served the cathedral and diocese for just under 30 years and died following a stroke on Tuesday, September 26.”
The regular midday Eucharist service tomorrow (27) will be a requiem for him.
A requiem is a service to send off the souls of the dead.
You may also want to watch:
Funeral details will be announced shortly.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant