St Albans cathedral head virger dies following a stroke
- Credit: Archant
A remembrance service will be held following the death of St Albans cathedral’s head virger Paul Underhill.
In a statement on their Facebook page, the cathedral wrote: “We are sad to announce the sudden death of our head virger, Paul Underhill.
“He has served the cathedral and diocese for just under 30 years and died following a stroke on Tuesday, September 26.”
The regular midday Eucharist service tomorrow (27) will be a requiem for him.
A requiem is a service to send off the souls of the dead.
You may also want to watch:
Funeral details will be announced shortly.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers