St Albans cathedral head virger dies following a stroke
- Credit: Archant
A remembrance service will be held following the death of St Albans cathedral’s head virger Paul Underhill.
In a statement on their Facebook page, the cathedral wrote: “We are sad to announce the sudden death of our head virger, Paul Underhill.
“He has served the cathedral and diocese for just under 30 years and died following a stroke on Tuesday, September 26.”
The regular midday Eucharist service tomorrow (27) will be a requiem for him.
A requiem is a service to send off the souls of the dead.
You may also want to watch:
Funeral details will be announced shortly.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park