St Albans cat charity makes up cost of stolen gazebo in a matter of days
- Credit: Archant
Generous donors have made up the cost of a stolen St Albans cat charity gazebo in a matter of days.
St Albans Cat Protection has already ordered the new gazebo after its £450 predecessor was stolen last week.
Organiser Sandi Downing said: “We’re very grateful.
“We will not get the other stuff back but the main thing is the gazebo.
“The new gazebo has been ordered and it will be three to four weeks before it arrives.
“However we will not need it until June.”
The group crowdfunded the money needed, and managed to raise over £500 in a matter of days, thanks to a number of generous donations.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Herts Ad Sunday League mourns passing of two local legends
- 3 Cool off at London Colney's new Watersplash
- 4 Major development planned for centre of St Albans
- 5 Blue Plaque commemorating life of Duchess of Marlborough
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire village of Bricket Wood between St Albans and Watford
- 7 Park drama as theatre director and café staff tackle tree fire
- 8 Investigation over unauthorised development on Green Belt site
- 9 Little Women 'generating a big response at Roman Theatre – and rightly so'
- 10 Big Brother House set to return to Hertfordshire for 2023 reboot show
The charity will be bringing the new equipment out for the Oaklands Summer Fayre on Sunday, June 11.