St Albans cat charity makes up cost of stolen gazebo in a matter of days
- Credit: Archant
Generous donors have made up the cost of a stolen St Albans cat charity gazebo in a matter of days.
St Albans Cat Protection has already ordered the new gazebo after its £450 predecessor was stolen last week.
Organiser Sandi Downing said: “We’re very grateful.
“We will not get the other stuff back but the main thing is the gazebo.
“The new gazebo has been ordered and it will be three to four weeks before it arrives.
You may also want to watch:
“However we will not need it until June.”
The group crowdfunded the money needed, and managed to raise over £500 in a matter of days, thanks to a number of generous donations.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Planning permission granted for 45-home London Colney development
- 5 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 6 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 7 Classic cars raise money for three Harpenden charities
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 10 Carillon Chamber Choir's farewell concert in St Albans
The charity will be bringing the new equipment out for the Oaklands Summer Fayre on Sunday, June 11.