St Albans car parking contracts set to be extended
- Credit: Archant
PRE-BOOKABLE car park spaces during the Christmas period is just one of things that could be rolled out as the district council looks set to extend its parking contacts.
The two current contracts are due to expire in October 2014 but St Albans district council is considering extending them for up to five years.
At a cabinet meeting last week it was agreed in principle that National Car Parks Limited (NCP) would continue to operate all council-owned car parks except Westminster Lodge and Civic Centre car parks which are managed directly by the council.
It was also decided, subject to final terms being agreed, that the car parking enforcement contract for on and off-street parking held by NSL Service Limited (NSL) would also be extended.
Cllr Beric Read, portfolio holder for localism and community engagement at the council, said as part of the negotiations, parking charges and how to make greater use of parking technologies would be discussed with the contractors.
You may also want to watch:
He went on: “The contract extension process is throwing out some interesting ideas, in particular how we can work with NCP to make better use of our car parks. It’s also given us an opportunity to address the improvements suggested by the council’s car park contract working party.”
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 9 baby and toddler groups for St Albans and Harpenden
- 4 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Area Guide: The popular Hertfordshire town of Bishop's Stortford
- 7 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 8 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 9 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 10 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street