St Albans cadet completes Navy training
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old from St Albans has been commissioned as a Midshipman after an intensive training course.
Katherine Butler was among the 155 cadets at the ceremony, watched by 800 family, friends, and guests
She said: “I have really enjoyed my training at Britannia Royal Naval College and am looking forward to moving on and starting my career specific training.
“I want to make a difference and not just sit in an office all the time, but to have variety in the day to day working environment.”
Katherine has just completed a 30-week training course, which included three weeks aboard the Navy’s flagship, HMS Ocean.
The course also included a five-day exercise with the Royal Marines, which she said was a highlight of the course.
Katherine received her education in St Albans, before taking a First in mathematics at Durham University.
- 1 Teen punched in face and stomach during robbery
- 2 Is this the future of hospitality in St Albans?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Youths 'kicked and threw stones' at pregnant hedgehog in Hertfordshire
- 5 IN PICTURES: Alban Pilgrimage returns to city
- 6 Hybrid Charter Market agreed for St Albans
- 7 St Albans woman defies odds to become oldest with Rett Syndrome
- 8 Verulam Reallymoving's Houghton on a high with Bovingdon win
- 9 Community green spaces at risk of development on St Albans estate
- 10 'Spellbinding performances' in St Albans Musical Theatre Company's production of Rent
Now she has completed the training course, she will remain at the college to complete training to be a warfare officer.