St Albans cadet completes Navy training
- Credit: Archant
A 22-year-old from St Albans has been commissioned as a Midshipman after an intensive training course.
Katherine Butler was among the 155 cadets at the ceremony, watched by 800 family, friends, and guests
She said: “I have really enjoyed my training at Britannia Royal Naval College and am looking forward to moving on and starting my career specific training.
“I want to make a difference and not just sit in an office all the time, but to have variety in the day to day working environment.”
Katherine has just completed a 30-week training course, which included three weeks aboard the Navy’s flagship, HMS Ocean.
You may also want to watch:
The course also included a five-day exercise with the Royal Marines, which she said was a highlight of the course.
Katherine received her education in St Albans, before taking a First in mathematics at Durham University.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 3 Motorists who kill cats should be prosecuted, says St Albans family after pet's death
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 6 Twice the yumminess from St Albans baking company
- 7 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 8 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 9 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 10 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
Now she has completed the training course, she will remain at the college to complete training to be a warfare officer.