St Albans businesswomen invited to Small Business Sunday winners event
- Credit: Archant
Two local entrepreneurs were honoured to receive an exclusive invite to a national event hosted by a business tycoon.
Jeanette Lendon of Jeanette Lendon Photography in Redbourn and Donna Nichol of Chloe James Lifestyle on St Albans High Street were two winners of Theo Pahphitis’s weekly Twitter competition, Small Business Sunday.
Each Sunday people from across the country are invited to tweet Theo with their businesses, and each week six people win by being retweeted.
All the winners are invited to a yearly event, which took place on February 23 at the International Convention Centre, in Birmingham.
Donna won in February 2017 with her tweet: “We are a fashion and gift boutique in the Cathedral Quarter of St Albans doing our bit to keep independent biz on the High Street!”
Jeanette won in December by tweeting: “If you want your social media to stand out, make sure your images have the WOW factor, simply by using your Smartphone camera.
“I run photography workshops for your smartphone as well as knowing the ins and outs of Instagram. HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!! #SBS @TheoPaphitis”
- 1 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 2 Fire crews receive 'multiple' 999 calls amid large blaze at Welham Green
- 3 Recap: Rail delays through St Albans and Harpenden after train hits branch
- 4 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 5 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 8 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 9 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 10 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
Donna said: “It was a fabulous event and I came away inspired and believing that being small is actually a good thing.
“Together the six million small businesses in the UK are very important to the economy. I also felt really lucky to be one of only 2256 winners chosen from the 329000 applications since the competition started in 2010.”
There were also inspirational talks from business leaders, including Stephen Cheliotis, AO.com’s John Roberts and Theo himself.
Both Jeanette and Donna had a photo taken with Theo.